Rola S. Afify has academic experiences in research, teaching, supervising projects and administrative work.
She received her Ph.D. from Mechanical Engineering department, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. Dr. Rola Ph.D. research work was “Vorticity Shedding in Vortex Flowmeters – Numerical Simulation and Experimental Verification”.
Currently, her areas of research applications include applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Fluidic Amplifier and renewable energy.
She taught mechanical engineering modules
- For undergraduate candidates
- At Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AAST) (Stress Analysis, Machine Design I, Fluid Mechanics I, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems, Fluid Mechanics)
- At Faculty of Engineering Alexandria University (for Textile, Electromechanical and Petrochemical Departments) (Fluid Mechanics)
- At Alexandria Higher Institute of Engineering and Technology (AIET) Fluid Mechanics I, Mechanics of machines, Dynamic System Analysis, Mechanical Engineering, Design of machine elements, Mechanical drawing, and Mechanics)
- For graduate candidates
- At Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AAST) (Case study (MEng), Modelling of Turbulent Flow (PhD))
- At Faculty of Engineering Banha University (Computational Fluid Dynamics (Computational Fluid Dynamics for internal and external flows(MSc.)).
She also developed learning materials, and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Hydraulic projects (i.e. Dancing Fountains, Graphical Waterfall, Hydraulic equipment and ROV)
- Design projects (i.e. Robot Arm, Packing Machine, CNC Machines, Copy Human Movement humanoid robot, Internal Pipeline Cleaning & Inspection Robot, Multi function aerial robot and Multi-position wheelchair).
She was the Chair of Grades Recording and Reviewing Committee for Sophomore (First year) Students at Alexandria Higher Institute of Engineering and Technology (AIET).
Executive Manager of the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Unit at Alexandria Higher Institute of Engineering and Technology (AIET).